Here are the pins that are popular with sailors in the know. No cotter keys required. No taping. The clean design prevents dislodging accidentally or fouling lines. Pins are non-corrosive, aircraft-quality stainless steel.
In manufacturing these "Ball-Lok" Quick Release Marine Pins, Avibank uses the same MIL specs and procedures that they use to produce fine quality products for the aerospace and defense industries, including Apollo moon landings and Shuttle missions.
Positive Locking Style "R"
- One-handed release - Just push the button, then pull
- There's no safer or faster operating locking pin
- Unique "Ball-Lok" action means the pin cannot dislodge accidentally, even under severe tension
- Great for locking anchors into bow rollers and for rail fittings
- Push Button - 300 Series stainless steel
- Head - 300 Series stainless steel
- Body - 17-4 PH stainless steel
- Spindle - 17-4 PH stainless steel
- Spring - 17-7 or 300 Series stainless steel
- Balls - 300 Series stainless steel
- Ring - 17-7 or 300 Series stainless steel
Calculated Double Shear Loads
- 3/16" Dia. - 4,600 Lbs
- 1/4" Dia. - 8,200 Lbs
* Grip is the distance from the shoulder to the locking ball bearings.
(See above image.)
4 = 1/4 inch (Diameter in 16th's inch)
R = Positive Locking Style, Standard
1.00 = 1 inch (Grip Length in 1/4" increments)